1. KOBWA and Your Privacy: At KOBWA it is our intent to give you as much control as possible over your privacy in regard to your personal information and the use we make of it in the course of our business. In general, you can visit KOBWA on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself.
A. KOBWA does not collect personally identifiable information about individuals except when such individuals specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis. For example, such personally identifiable information may be gathered from a contest or sweepstakes registration, the registration process for subscription sites or services and in connection with content submissions, community postings (e.g., chat and bulletin boards), suggestions, voting/polling activities, and transactional areas. Personally identifiable information on individual users will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without the approval of the user at the time of collection. At such points of collection, the user will have the opportunity to indicate whether he or she would like to "opt out" of receiving promotional and/or marketing information about other products, services, and offerings from KOBWA and/or any third parties. Further, notwithstanding any opt out of promotional information by the user, KOBWA reserves the right to contact a subscriber regarding account status, changes to the subscriber agreement, and other matters relevant to the underlying service and/or the information collected.
C. Additionally, users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., username, e-mail address) on the bulletin boards or in the chat areas of the KOBWA sites, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in the user's communication, can be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of KOBWA.
E. Upon request, KOBWA will allow any user to "opt out" of further promotional contacts at any time. Additionally upon request, KOBWA will use reasonable efforts to allow users to update/correct personal information previously submitted which the user states is erroneous to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Also, upon a user's request, KOBWA will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally delete the user and his or her personal information from its database; however, it may be impossible to delete a user's entry without some residual information because of backups and records of deletions.
F. The foregoing policies are effective as of October 01, 2001. KOBWA reserves the right to change this policy at any time by notifying users of the existence of a new privacy statement. This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
2. What Information We Gather and Track: There are times when we may need information from you. This generally involves filling out forms so you can download a product or order some KOBWA service. When you download e-mail and other products or services, we require you to fill out a form with your name and e-mail address. During this process, you are given the opportunity to decline further notification of important news and events. When you submit an order online, your credit card number is submitted to the credit institution for normal, routine processing. KOBWA does not collect your personal credit history information, and KOBWA does not share credit or credit card information with other companies or third parties, unless compelled by law or court order to do so.
3. What We Do With the Information We Gather and Track: The information gathered from the forms you fill out is used in one of three ways:
A. To provide you with information about products, services, news, and events;
B. To allow you to purchase and download products; and
C. To gather broad demographic information about user trends.
4. How We Gather and Track Information: KOBWA uses various methods to collect certain other kinds of information including "cookies"; "referrer", IP addresses, and environmentals. Here is how we use those methods.
B. A "Referrer" is the information passed along by a Web browser that references the Web URL you linked from, and our Web server automatically gathers it. This information is used by KOBWA in identifying broad demographic trends and may be used to provide information tailored to your interests.
C. Our Web server automatically gathers IP addresses. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
D. Environment variables we gather include time, type of Web browser being used, the operating system/platform, and CPU speed. This information is used only for broad demographic information. This information is used by KOBWA in identifying broad Demographic trends and may be used to provide information tailored to your interests.
E. Additionally, the KOBWA site contains links to other Web sites, however, KOBWA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
5. What Sites This Covers: KOBWA might own and maintain a variety of Web sites including KOBWA. Each of these sites may have their own mailing lists or other methods of contacting customers. All of the sites follow this policy for privacy and sharing of information with third parties. A list of the sites and the URL you can use for removing yourself from any mailing lists they may maintain is available here. Information collected at KOBWA; is only located in the KOBWA database located at the KOBWA facility. This information is collected and used as described above by KOBWA. It cannot be used by any third parties without our permission and may then only be used in the ways described above.
6. What We Do with Information Gathered When You Acquire Our Partners' Products: KOBWA will never sell or share personal information collected from the distribution of KOBWA products or gathered on any KOBWA Web site with third parties, except if the product or service in question is developed or owned by a KOBWA partner or licensor.
8. Contacting Us About Privacy: If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org